Monday, December 12, 2011

Sick, sick, sick

Grady had a rough, rough weekend - the sickest he's ever been.  He was pretty  much himself on Friday evening until just before bed, when he started getting very clingy.  And then when he threw up all over Matt.  He ended up being sick throughout the weekend, and is still not quite better today.  Luckily he never got a fever, but I remained pretty worried until Sunday afternoon when it was clear he was on the mend.  We did a lot of cuddling, very little eating and drinking, and had some disrupted nights' sleeps.  (I slept with Grady on the couch.  The first night was disrupted from all the vomiting.  The second night was disrupted because he was feeling better enough to wake up several times throughout the night and talk vociferously about, oh, Besa, the ceiling, Daddy, and whatever else came to mind.  Only when given the choice of quieting down or heading up to his crib did he quiet down.) 

So, not much else to report from the weekend.  I will certainly not miss Grady feeling so bad, but I will miss all the extra cuddle time we got to have this weekend.  He's been so go-go-go lately, we're lucky to get a hug!

Other than that, we managed to do a few fun things.

On Thursday we picked out our Christmas tree.  Grady had a great time running through the tree lot, and we picked out a very sweet little tree somewhere between Grady's size and our size.  I have a super cute video of Grady on the loose in the lot, but I think it's too big to email to myself.  I'm trying to embed it below - hopefully it works.


Today, despite not feeling too great, Grady posed for our Christmas card.  (We are behind on everything, so very behind.)  We got some cute shots, and some funny outtakes.  Here's a sample.

Not digging the antlers:




I tried to get Grady to smile by kicking my legs up and making weird noises.  The result:


And some sweet photos - when I showed these to Grady later, he said "Cute!"





Some other highlights from the week -

Grady and I were having breakfast earlier this week.  I got up to go the kitchen, and while I was gone Besa jumped on the table.  (Not that she respects my authority while I'm sitting at the table.)  Grady said "Besa, NO!  Mine applesauce!  Mine yogurt!" and was quite indignant about it!  He still talks about it.  ("Besa JUMP table!  Besa no!  Mine food!")

Grady counted to ten, accurately, randomly this weekend, which I'm pretty sure was a fluke.  He likes to count to three quite a bit, and does that pretty well and consistently. 

Not much else to share - we've been so bogged down in sickness.  Hopefully we'll have a cheerier post next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment