Thursday, June 2, 2011

He stands!

I haven't been in a rush for Grady to walk.  I always figured he would do it when he was ready.  And then all of a sudden he was 13 months and he didn't seem in the least bit interested.  He'll push his cart and furniture surf, but just doesn't seem motivated to take the next step (so to speak).  So I've been a little anxious for him to get moving (so to speak).

Well, he still hasn't walked, but today Grady very deliberately and decidedly stood on his own.   Matt was playing guitar and Grady and I were playing on the floor.  Grady crawled over to me, pulled up, and then just let go.  He was just standing there, looking very pleased with himself, for several seconds before gently landing.  It was surreal and very exciting!  It was just a few minutes before bedtime, so no repeat yet.  Hopefully he'll repeat this weekend and I'll take a picture.

So, since I have no pictures of this, I'll include some pictures of our Monday adventure to Mt. Talbert in nearby Clackamas.

We'd never been to Mt. Talbert before but I expect we'll be back.  It's only about 15 minutes from home but you feel pretty submerged in nature when you're there.  Grady was very interested in exploring the trees.  All of them.  (Dat!  Dat!)


We took a short break so Grady could get out of the carrier and play.  He enjoyed the pine cone.


But he REALLY enjoyed this stick.  It survived all the way home and now lives in our backyard.

Much to Daddy's chagrin. 


Afterwards, Grady posed for some photos on a giant squirrel.


 And also didn't pose.




What a fun little trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment