Sunday, October 17, 2010

Food

It has been a really fun weekend.  Portland has continued to give us perfect fall days, great for walks to the playground.  Grady has gotten some good swing time lately!

Last night we had our fancy dinner party.  Matt and I think it went really well, and we succeeded in using almost all of our china.  Here are some shots of the table settings, courtesy of Matt.

Pretty fancy, huh?  We had: cheese and crackers and melon and figs wrapped in prosciutto to start; roasted butternut squash soup for the first course; two kinds of quiche for the main course (thanks Susie for the recipes, and Goomy for the pie crust recipe!) along with salad (thanks Goopy!), and mini orange chocolate chunk cakes with vanilla ice cream for dessert (thanks Barefoot Contessa!).  Everything was made ahead of time, so it was very low-stress when everyone arrived.  And it was fun to dress up and see good friends! 

I have been accompanying a few words with baby sign language in front of Grady:  mainly "eat" and "cat."  I noticed yesterday that when I say "Do you want to eat?" and make the sign Grady gets really excited, but I usually say it to him when we're close to the chair we sit in when I feed him, etc., so I thought maybe he was just used to the whole routine and his response was coincidence.  Then today, Grady was fussing downstairs on his mat and I asked him "Do you want to eat?" and made the sign and he immediately started smiling and getting really excited.  Matt and I agreed that he knew what I was saying.  Not sure if he knows the word or the sign, but it's still pretty cool.  That's a pretty big connection to make. 

Okay, sorry a lot of words and no Grady pictures.  Here we go.


Last night Joanna brought over some bread from a local bakery called Little Ts (SO good).  Grady and I both had some for breakfast.  Bread and rice and rice crackers by far seem to be his favorite foods.  (I can't imagine where he gets his love of carbs.)  Here he is working away at it.


Grady and Bes are starting to settle into a nice routine.  Besa humors Grady by standing just out of arm's reach in exchange for getting to lick up stray pieces of food that are constantly flying off of Grady.



Grady was pretty interested in what Besa was doing over there!

Here are some pictures of Grady eating a rice cracker.

 Something on my face?

 Where?  Here?

Did I get it?

Just some generally cute pictures. 



You can see his teeth in these next two if you click on the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment