Friday, October 15, 2010

Sorry it's been so long

It has been a while.  Sorry - things just get busier and busier over here! 

We are all doing really well.  Grady is having a great time at his new daycare, where they let him play on his own with rocks and sticks. 


Grady has gotten super verbal these past few days.  He started doing this really funny thing where he moves his mouth up and down, but only makes noises half the time.  My friend Jada (of Rose fame) described it as a poorly dubbed kung fu movie.  Great description.  I tried to catch it on video multiple times, but he always got camera shy.  In the process, though, Grady made his first movie.  Warning: This is really powerful, you may want to get some kleenex.


I know, right?

We're continuing to experiment with different foods.  At daycare they are really into baby led weaning, where you give babies small chunks of food or foods they can hold onto and nibble at.  We've been doing a mixture of that at home and of just giving him pureed food.  He responds better to the pureed food and generally has no interest in the texture of anything else.  He did respond pretty well to avocado though. 


And with the obligatory appearance by Besa.


Tomorrow we are having some friends over for a fancy dinner party.  I inherited a set of china from my grandmother, and my dad and Dotty sent me that and my parents' old china set a few months ago, which was the impetus for the soiree.  Matt and I are pretty excited for it, and Grady has a very special outfit picked out.  I'll let you all know how it goes on Sunday.

Oh, one last video before I sign off - this one's from about a week ago.



No comments:

Post a Comment