Saturday, January 15, 2011

Painting and other odds and ends

Uncle Cliff left earlier this week to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro.  (You can follow his progress here - isn't that amazing?  He's team RAPA - not yet up.)   Grady thought it would be nice to make a picture for Uncle Cliff with the fingerpaint Cliff got him for Christmas.

Like any good artist, he starts by tasting the medium.


Uncle Cliff wisely bought non-toxic.

Then he got into it - literally and figuratively.


And done!

He was pretty proud of himself!


A bath followed.   You can see how much hair he's gotten here!


And a shot of the elusive stink face caught on tape -


At daycare earlier this week, his teacher told us that Grady had a really fun time playing with a sheet that was covering one of the baby gates.  He was using it sort of as a fort, going in and out and laughing hysterically.  I was excited to try at home by covering up the coffee table with a sheet and letting him mess around.  Like many things this age it seems, he was no longer interested in it when he got home.  Or I guess I should say, he was much more interested in the video camera. 


Besa and Fuzz are both more and more wary of Grady.  He's picked up speed and drops everything to scoot after them once he sees them.  Besa and Grady did have a nice moment the other day, though, when Grady discovered Besa's favorite cat toy.


Now, I don't think Besa is spoiled - not at all! - but my family makes fun of me for little things like only gently scolding her when she jumps on the table during Thanksgiving dinner, or spoon feeding her the melted remains of my ice cream.  Anyway, we have been trying harder to get her not to jump on the table while we're eating.  The other day she jumped up on it three times, before I finally shut her in the bathroom.  After a few minutes I took pity on her.


Lesson learned, I'd say!

No comments:

Post a Comment