Sunday, May 23, 2010

Busy weekend!

We had quite the weekend this weekend! Yesterday, my friend Joanna from law school and her husband Jay came over to visit Grady. We had a nice time catching up and hearing about Joanna's new job. Grady was pretty sleepy, but managed to look adorable.

This morning we woke up early so that I could run the 5K, and so Matt and Grady could come out and lend moral support. My goal going into it was to run it in under 28 minutes. My goal once I started was to beat the 10 year old kid who was on my heels the whole time! I managed to do both, and finished in just under 24 minutes. I felt pretty good through the whole thing, so although I'm still a few minutes off from my best 5K time, I felt okay about it. Here's a shot of me and Grady celebrating post-race.



Grady was pretty excited to tell me his impressions of the race when we got home.



He also said "I love you" with an Italian accent, and "olive." I didn't get those on tape, but trust me, he said them.

Then, we remembered that the Sellwood garden tour was today. We remembered because our across-the-street neighbors had one of the 6 gardens on the tour, so we finally got to see their garden up close. Here's a shot of Matt and Grady posing at the top of the bluff.



My favorite garden was over in the ritzy Eastmoreland area. They had one of the coolest gardens for entertaining I've seen, with an outdoor stove, and lots of cool little touches throughout. Here are Matt and Grady posing by one garden box that had a teapot and teacup in it!



Coming home, we had to stop for this cute little train. Grady is a little too young to appreciate it, but in a few years I bet he'll be really excited if this happens again!



When we got back, Grady was a little chilly, so we dressed him up in this ridiculously cute bear outfit, which was one of the many useful hand-me-downs from Michelle and Michael (in fact, I think he's lying on one of the blankets they sent too). I'm just going to include all of these because I can't decide which is cutest.







And here's the full-body shot. Grady couldn't quite stay still for it.



So, after that busy weekend we're settled in to watch the season finale of Lost. I hope it's worth all the hours we've put into it - we're dubious after the rest of this season.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the 5k! Very impressive that you have jumped back in so easily.
    And I love the bear outfit - can't wait to meet Grady!

    ReplyDelete