Saturday, May 8, 2010

Grady is one month old!

Today we celebrated Grady's one month birthday. I can't believe how fast this first month has gone. Then again, it's weird to think that a month and a day ago, I was pregnant. That seems like a long time ago!

I was surprised and pleased that Grady requested a yellow cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting and a picture of grumpy bear on top to celebrate his one month milestone. That's my favorite kind of birthday cake too! I'm not nearly the cake artist that Cat is, but here is my first stab at decorating a cake.



Here is a pretty much real-time depiction of Grady posing with the cake. Grumpy held it together much better than Grady did.







Interestingly, the amount of time it takes for Grady to decide he doesn't want to have his picture taken is exactly the same amount of time it takes for Besa to decide she does want to have her picture taken.

It is like summer today in Portland, and Grady and I went for a walk on our usual loop. Here are some pictures of him looking cute getting ready for his walk.




We also finally broke out the stroller for a quick trip to the grocery store. At first Grady was dubious, but he was a good sport about it, and he quickly found himself falling asleep once the stroller got moving.




I am proud to say that Grady's third date with Rose went really well. They were both awake at the same time at the end of it, and there were a good 18 seconds before one of them (ahem, Grady) started crying. A real improvement!

I went for my second run since Grady today while Matt watched him. I ran part of the way on a road that has mile markers, and I clocked in at 10 minute miles even. So, I've lost about a minute and a half per mile. Hopefully it won't take too much time to get back there. I signed up for a 5K race in a few weeks, just to see if I can do it. I won't be pushing any PRs.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there! Hope you are all doing something fun to celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. haha, he does look dubious! Happy belated 1-mo. b'day, kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cake!
    And your "slow" is basically me running my fastest. :)

    ReplyDelete