Thursday, May 20, 2010

Making himself heard

It has been so fun to be with Grady these past few mornings when he is awake, alert, and full of smiles and conversation. Here are a couple videos from yesterday (the first) and today (the second).





Grady has been sleeping pretty well these past few days too. For a few nights in a row now he has slept through from about 11 pm to 4:15 am. The past two days he has even gone back to sleep from roughly 5 to 7:30. He makes so much noise though in that second sleep - you would never be able to tell he's asleep by listening to him! I think it may be time to transition him into the nursery so we can go back to sleep during his noisy grumbling time. He's been sleeping in a travel crib in our room since coming home.

It's been off and on rainy here the past few days, so we haven't had too many exciting adventures. We went to the farmers market again yesterday and went for a walk earlier in the day over to the Eastmoreland golf course. I gambled on not bringing an umbrella and lost. I think I mostly kept Grady dry - he at least didn't wake up during the storm.

Today I had my six week post-delivery doctor's appointment and got a clean bill of health. No more doctor's appointments for me for a year! Hard to believe after so many visits during the pregnancy. Here's Grady in his sweater vest, which he wore to impress Dr. Suzuki - he had some impressing to do after peeing on her both times he met her at the hospital! I think he's worn this outfit before, but it's worth repeating.



I had a mini shopping spree at Babies R Us the other day, where they had a 2 for 1 clothing sale. I couldn't resist getting this little ensemble. Here is Grady showing off his burgeoning biceps.



Grady and I will meet up with Jada and Rose again tomorrow for a walk. We don't have any other real plans for the weekend yet other than my 5K "race" on Sunday. I have been able to get my timed mile down to about 8:45 (that's for only 1 mile), but I still feel sluggish out there. Lots of room for improvement I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment