Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grady the rockstar

This will give you a glimpse into the sad state of affairs in the Wilkinson household. Matt and I were pretty riveted by the season finale of Celebrity Apprentice and celebrated (spoiler alert) Bret Michaels' big win with a sing-along. Grady seemed to really like "Every Rose Has Its Thorn," and did some good singing along. In the first video, he is doing some rocking out and singing. In the second, I was trying to edit the first, and he started singing along again. Stereo surround sound! It was a little overwhelming when I was playing the second video for Matt while Grady was singing along again!





Matt tried to transition into a Rock of Love favorite, "Something to Believe In," but it was a bit over Grady's head.



(Who knew the lyrics were so emotional?)

Grady's favorite, though, was "In The Jungle" - he really got into it!



Okay, enough videos. Grady and I haven't deviated much from our standard routine the past few days - lots of smiling, walking, fussing, sleeping, etc. I got my favorite shot yet of Grady's smile yesterday:



Today Grady and I met with 8 of the 10 moms and their babies from our birthing class. It was really fun to see all the new babies! Most of them look more like the dad than the mom. I'm still having a hard time seeing much of either of us in Grady. I think he looks kind of like my dad (Goopy).

Today is also my birthday, and Grady got me a great gift of a spa treatment! That kid knows how to shop! Here he is presenting me the card. He only looks like he's sleeping.



My friends from law school also got me this beautiful flower arrangement. Grady was in awe!



Well, we are about to head out for our first dinner at a restaurant with Grady to celebrate my birthday. He's been fed and seems sleepy, so hopefully it will go well!

No comments:

Post a Comment