Monday, November 29, 2010

End of the holiday weekend

We were all very sad to see my dad and Dotty leave on Sunday, but we had a great time while they were here.  On Saturday, we took advantage of a break in the drizzle and went for a walk on Elk Rock Island in nearby Milwaukie.  It was nice to get out of the house and move around a bit after such a food-filled weekend!   Grady cooperated with having his photo taken.




Well, he cooperated for a while anyway!


We went for a nice dinner on the town before my parents left, and Grady was very well-behaved. 

After my parents left (very early!) on Sunday, Matt, Grady and I went to see a local musician play at a cafe.  He was very energetic and fun, and sang a lot of songs about ninjas.  Grady didn't quite know how to take it!


He warmed up to the music pretty quickly, though.


About half way through, a woman came in from the street and started tossing around balloons and making balloon animals.  I don't know whether she was affiliated with the cafe or not.  She was definitely odd.  Grady was pretty interested in the balloons!  

(Cat, thank goodness you weren't there - a dozen balloons in a room full of toddlers!)

After our fun morning out, Grady practiced getting onto all fours (no crawling still), while Matt got ready for his trip to NYC.  He left last night, much to everyone's disappointment - the cats included.


Grady and I kept busy today, though. 

I finished knitting a hat for him.  It's way too big, but he seems to enjoy it. 

He also had fun pulling it over his eyes and playing peek-a-boo.

Then we headed over to The Warehouse to do some messy art.  I traced Grady's body with a crayon and was going to let him try to draw on it, but the crayons never made it to the paper on the way to his mouth.  So instead he "painted" with mud.  Surprisingly, he didn't try to eat the mud and he had fun hitting it on the paper.



Apparently I held my phone sideways.  Sorry about that.   And yes, I stripped him down.  Don't remind him of this when he is a teenager.

Then Grady had a lot of fun bouncing up and down in his circle of neglect.  He's just recently figured out this feature.


Then I got adventurous and decided to give Grady some green beans.  Poor Grady.  Here he is, so excited for his dinner.



And then the green beans.  Why, Mommy?


He ended up throwing up a bit on the green beans as he did with the peas.  I pureed them for several minutes and didn't notice any stringy things, but Grady apparently did.  The rest will be going into the freezer for a while!

Finally, here's a shot of the kitties keeping me company after Grady went to bed tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I was sweating just reading about the balloons. I would not have been able to stay.

    ReplyDelete