Sunday, November 14, 2010

Jam-packed weekend

We started out our weekend by heading to the Llewellyn Elementary School craft fair.  We got this fun t-shirt for Grady, which he is kindly modeling for you all here.

And because it's Portland, you'll be happy to know the t-shirt is made of recycled t-shirts.

I made a new version of the tag toy that Grady so handily rejected as documented in the last post.  This one is actually a hit.  I got some bolder fabric and made it in the shape of a star, so he has more edges to grab onto and bite.




Guess who else likes it:




Besa also enjoyed this little chair I got for Grady for when he's a bit older.


(Fuzz does still exist, by the way. She just chooses to stay well out of Grady's way.)

I got enough fabric to make at least 10 of these, so if anyone wants one, send me an email or post a comment and I'll be happy to send one your way.  Be warned: I don't know how to sew so no promises on durability.

Grady was also quite taken with a little plastic step stool I got for him.  He likes to use it as a drum.





And as a teething tool.




Speaking of teething, Grady now has two rather large teeth on the bottom, as evidenced here:


I mentioned previously that a third tooth cut through on the bottom as well, with another one not far behind to even it out.  I think he has two more coming in on top, too.  That kid is going to have a mouthful of teeth in no time!

Last night, Matt and I left Grady with a babysitter for the first time and had a fun night out.  We saw Megamind (recommend it) and went to a nice romantic dinner.  It was great to have an undistracted night with my husband.  We realized we need to have proper dates more often.  We had Andrea, Grady's old daycare provider, watch him, and he actually seemed to remember her.  He went to sleep with her easily and didn't wake up until after we got home.

Today we went to Grady's girlfriend's house for dinner.  Rose has gotten so big - she claps, waves, and even crawls a bit - it was fun to see how much she has grown.  Grady and Rose enjoyed eating each other's faces, and Grady enjoyed swallowing an entire piece of avocado, pooping twice, and then peeing on their changing table.  I'm sure we will be invited back soon.

One last picture before I go to bed - just want to show everyone how much Grady loves his daddy.

He may have even scootched forward an inch or two to reach him.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ali,

    I would love a star for TMac. Also where did you find the rice crackers? I looked on their website and it says they are only in Australia and NZ.

    ReplyDelete