Thursday, July 1, 2010

Daycare day two and ultrasound

Grady ended up taking a four hour nap on Tuesday morning, so I didn't get a chance to run with him that morning, although we did take a jog with the stroller later that afternoon. It went much better than the first time, although it's still pretty hard! Grady slept through it, but I still felt glad to get him out in the fresh air. We also spent some time outside with the other mommies from our mommy group. He showed off how well he could hold up his head before falling asleep once again. Poor guy was really worn out. He looked pretty impressive in his fancy outfit from Alyssa though!



Grady's second day of daycare went slightly better than his first. At least I didn't go through an entire box of tissues this time! Grady was in a really good mood on Wednesday, and didn't seem to mind going to daycare one bit.



I was pretty upset with how Tuesday went because Grady was so exhausted from the day before that I felt like I didn't get to spend much time with him. I had a conversation with Andrea, Grady's main teacher, about it that I think was relatively nonconfrontational. It went something like:

Mouth: Grady was pretty tired from his first day! He slept 11 hours straight, then took a 4 hour nap an hour later. Is there any way you could try to give him a few more naps? I understand it's new to him and it's probably hard to get him to sleep in this new environment, etc. etc.

Head: You are torturing my darling boy with your crazy sleep deprivation chamber you terrible daycare center!! I am the worst mom in the world for leaving him here!!

However, I was really pleased that they made a big effort on Wednesday to get him to nap better. They turned down the volume on the music and were more responsive to his tired signals. He again only took two naps, but one was almost 90 minutes, so that was good. He was very tired when I picked him up, and slept in the carseat almost immediately upon sitting in it, but I still felt like it was an improvement - Andrea at least recognized he was tired upon pick-up, she just didn't have the extra hands to rock him to sleep. Grady has been napping a lot today, but it's not with the level of exhaustion that he was napping on Tuesday.

Grady went to the hospital today to get some labs done on his kidney functioning and to have his follow-up ultrasound to see how well the popping the ureterocele procedure went. Here he is when I told him he would be getting some blood drawn:



I think he was around 2 and 6 weeks old for his previous ultrasounds, and it was really apparent to me how much he's grown since then. Whereas before he was always very still or sleeping, this time he was all over the place. He was put down straight on the table, but ended up working himself over 90 degrees, apparently so he could repeatedly kick the ultrasound tech! (Serves that guy right for putting that sticky goo all over his belly and back!) I don't have a picture of it, but it's reminscent of this picture I forgot to post the other day of how I found Grady when he woke up in the morning.



That was not how I put him to bed, p.s.

Anyway, he was a really brave little boy today. Other than the kicking, he was very well behaved for the ultrasound, and only cried at the end of the heel poke after his sugar water wore off. We'll meet with the urologist in a week to go over the results. I don't even bother looking at the screen anymore because it just looks like random black blobs, so I can't make any guesses.

Grady recovered really well, and we had a great time smiling at each other and playing with his toys this afternoon.





Also, because I am a crazy mommy, I bought matching pajamas for me and Grady. Here we are modeling them.



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad there was some improvement in daycare day two. And I love the matching pjs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. medications for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease medications for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease medications for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease

    Feel free to visit my homepage :: fatty liver causes and cures

    ReplyDelete